Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sunrise Over Fallujah by Walter Dean Myers

I recently finished reading Sunrise Over Fallujah by Walter Dean Myers. The main character in this book is a young man named Robin who enlists in the armed forces after September 11. Robin is part of a Civil Affairs Team in charge of restoring the well-being of Iraq after the war. Throughout the book Robin is forced into some difficult situations. Each one of them teaches him something he wouldn’t have learned back home. 

This book is filled with engaging personal letters and many powerful images. I especially liked the way the author, Walter Dean Myers, writes because, for me, I was able to fluently read from chapter to chapter while challenging myself at the same time. 

I think other students would like this book because they could relate to Robin since he recently graduated high school. Also, students could relate to the events that occurred in this book since we were all alive when these events transpired.
Travis K.

No comments: