Friday, August 16, 2013

Why I Fight by J. Adams Oaks

This exciting novel is about a boy named Wyatt Reaves who starts out life not so good since he is weak and scared. Wyatt grows up in a poor family. His parents don’t really care for him or about him. He is adopted by his uncle, Spade. Spade has a problem with gambling and when he finds out about Wyatt’s great ability to fight, he gets money hungry. He begins to bet on Wyatt as he fights on and off the street. Wyatt Reeves is a rather sad character. He got dumped off by his parents to be taken care of by his uncle. After that tragic day he needed to be smart and stay out of trouble without any contact with his real parents. This book made me feel as if I was actually in the book. When Wyatt was in the fight I felt his pain with every punch given to him. I would recommend this book to sports readers who like a bittersweet ending and to those who are into risky things.

Jonathan O.

No comments: