Monday, April 5, 2010

Stiff by Mary Roach

I really liked this book because it was unlike any other book. It was sort of gross in the beginning because of all the intricate details of dissecting DEAD PEOPLE. But, after reading it for a while, I sort of got used to it and thought of the dead people not as dead people but as wax figures or cadavers. I first got into this book because I am in Human Anatomy & Physiology. My teacher recommended this book to our class so I decided to check it out. I enjoyed this book myself but I definitely do not think it is for everyone. People with queasy stomachs and people who cannot stand the sight, or even thought, of dead people should not read it. If you do decide to read this book, as mentioned before, I would advise you to think of the dead bodies as wax figures, cadavers or even as science experiments (which they are in most cases).
Katrina T.

No comments: