The days are gone when most people consult Emily Post's book of etiquette before attending a special celebration or sending a thank you letter. Today we have the unrestrained freedom to log in to our favorite social media sites and post comments and pictures of others without thinking about the consequences of our actions.
Use common sense when using social media sites such as Face Book or My Big Campus (MBC) which is being introduced this week at Community High School.
Here are a few do's and don'ts to help make using social media sites a positive experience:
- Don't edit or delete the work of another student without their permission
- Don't posts pictures or information that could compromise the safety or be disrespectful of fellow students
- Be respectful of others, use common sense and don't use profanity, threatening or discriminatory remarks
- Don't share your login information with anyone, if you feel your login has been compromised see your teacher
- All of you have signed an Internet Agreement Policy, please adhere to this policy and report misuses to your teacher