World and I School
World and I started as a magazine in 1986 and later moved online as full fledged database of educational content. We new subscribe to their database of current and previous articles. There is a wide variety of cross curricular content on the site. The site also has a number of other features besides just the magazine content. A summary of the sections is below.
Articles: Search articles from current issue and archives of monthly magazine.
Curriculum Pages: Arts, ESL, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Spanish
Special Collections: In-depth coverage of topics (cultures, biographies, religions, debate topics, history, etc.
- Headlines in Review
- Teacher’s corner
- World Gallery (images)
- crossword puzzles
- country profiles.
- Spanish and ESL reading and comprehension exercises.
- National standards search aligned to articles with teacher’s guides.
This LRC database has a ton of information for science and technology projects. Projects that have to do with science related social issues would also find it helpful. Here is a summary of what you will find there.
- 150+ comprehensive reference sets
- More than 22,000 topic overviews, 16,000 images and videos, 170+ detailed experiments. 8,100 biographies, 2 dictionaries.
- 1.5 million periodical articles (e.g. Science Weekly, Science News and The Science Teacher)
- National Science Education Standards links
- Project 2061 Benchmarks for Science Literacy links
- Customized links to state standards
Groliier Multimedia is made up of three general encyclopedias: Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia Americana and La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre (Spanish Language). The articles have associated Lexile scores and there are links to magazine and newspaper articles and selected websites. You will also find the following on the site:
- online video and images
- clickable maps
- pro/con articles
- today in history.
- links to world newspapers.